I had put off posting this at the end of December because I really wanted to make sure that I had goals that were truly purposeful. I didn’t want to throw up random things to accomplish that made no sense at where I am at this point in my life. I also didn’t want every single goal to revolve around money; I wanted to allow for personal growth as well.
I have also decided that for the time being, I am going to shelve my monthly goals which are separate tasks that I try to accomplish. It’s just too much and I really want to focus on my 365 day goals and put my full effort into those. I get too sidetracked with the monthly goals and completely forget about what I’m supposed to be working on the rest of the time.
So without further adeiu’…my goals for 2013:
- Find an exercise regimen that works for me. I really like yoga and want to get back into it, but I am open to any sort of work-out that I can make happen.
- Meditate more. I get to stressin’ yo…
- Go down one dress size. Instead of focusing on a number on the scale, I am going to focus on how my clothes fit. I’m a girl with curves, but I would like to get back to the dress size I was before I had a baby.
- Go to sleep earlier. Must make this happen.
- Need “date night” to occur much more often than it currently does…which is basically zilch. Those with kids know what I am talking about! I want to try for once-a-month.
- Budget, budget, budget. Tis a new year complete with taxes, car registrations, and gosh darn it, our medical insurance changed and went up as well. Gotta get everything in order.
- Transfer my high interest credit card to a low-interest or 0% credit card, so that more of my payment goes towards the balance.
- Start a savings account for my daughter.
- Continue to build up our emergency fund. It took a hit at the end of the year, and we need to build it back up.
- Charitable giving: this is important to me and I need to do more.
I thought a lot about what I wanted to accomplish this year and I feel that these goals are within my reach and I can get them done. I want to get a better grip on my finances but not neglect myself in the process. Sometimes we forget about taking care of ourselves, but health needs to be a priority too.
I do also have blog goals that I want to accomplish, but it’s kind of a jumble in my head right now. Once I get it on paper, and figure out what I want to do, I’ll do a separate post on that at another time.
I’m getting the ball rollin’! Here’s to a successful 2013!